NEW New Zealand
Let the journey begin. We are off to the south island of New Zealand, again... well this time we are traveling pretty much the entire island. So lets get on the ferry in wellington, take the three hour trip to Picton and drive the countryside stopping along the way to get supplies and to take photos. So excited. Thank you for everything that has led up to this and has made it possible to do this trip. So on the itinerary...
- Wellington - Start your engines
- Picton - Pick up the car
- Christchurch - Dinner
- Lake Tekapo - Star gazing
- Mount Cook - Possible hike
- Queenstown - Sleep over and JOL
- Milford Sound - Ferry ride
- Queenstown - Stop over and who knows
- Franz Josef - Helicopter and Glacier hike
- Sleep over somewhere back to Picton
- Picton - Drop off car and Ferry
- Wellington - Sleep over. END. (Happy Dance)
So lets get it going!
If you wanna follow the trip more intently you can download the app POLARSTEPS on your mobile and follow my friend Stephan. He is logging the trip in real time! So go ahead and download it and search for STEPHAN VAN DER WALT. Its a really great app, you can see live pics, some nonsense stephan is typing about the trip and where we are and how far we have travelled.